Before proceeding, please ensure you carefully review the following documents:
Step 1 - Review Registry Documents
Step 2 - Determine the Appropriate Authority
For governments, determine the government entity that has the appropriate authority to enter into a legal agreement with ART as the ART Registry account holder. For both governments and non-government entities, determine the individual who has the appropriate authority to legally bind the account holder organization and serve as ART account manager.
Step 3 - Begin the ART Account Opening Process
To begin the ART Account Opening process, click here.
From the drop-down menu at the bottom, select the appropriate Account Type from the 4 options:
- Sovereign Program Developer: Authorized government entities that plan to submit REDD+ programs for ART registration
- Transaction Account: Entities that plan to purchase, hold, transfer and/or retire ART credits.
- Verifier: Approved ART validation and verification bodies
Then click the “Continue Registration” button. Note: this will open a new browser window.
Step 5 - Complete New Account Application Form
- Complete all required fields, which are noted by an asterisk (*)
- When complete, click “Submit”
Step 6 - Activate the Account
- Upon submitting the New Account Application form, the Account Manager will receive an Account Activation email
- The Account Manager must activate the account to notify the ART Administrator of the account application
- The Account Manager will receive a list of required documents to be submitted for review.
- Email the ART Administrator (ARTRegistry@winrock.org) copies of requested documents
Step 7 - Application Review by ART Administrator
- The ART Administrator will review the account application
- If the account application is complete and approved, an Account Approval email will be sent to the designated Account Manager at the email address provided in the New Account Application form
- If materials are incomplete or additional information is required, the ART Administrator will notify the Account Manager
Step 8 - Access the ART Registry
Approved and preliminarily approved accounts may begin using the ART Registry.